By Conrad W. Baars, M.D.
6 self-help audio recordings (downloads) for emotionally and spiritually troubled persons
- Audio Recording #1: Who should use these audio recordings – who should not?
Explanations and instructions for use
- Audio Recording #2: Who am I? What do I feel?
An easy way to learn total relaxation
- Audio Recording #3: My emotions are for living
- Audio Recording #4: Expressing and using my emotions effectively
- Audio Recording #5: Free to live as I please (in a morally responsible manner)
- Audio Recording #6: Free to be me – a free and happy person
Who should use these audio recordings – who should not?
These self-help audio recordings have been prepared for the millions of person who suffer from various degrees of emotional or neurotic disorders, rather than for the much smaller number of persons with mental illness, i.e. with severely disturbed thinking processes. Therefore, these audio recordings are of little or no use to persons who are out of touch with reality, like persons with schizophrenia, or persons untreated for Bipolar Disorder.
Over the years, these audio recordings have proven to be most helpful and beneficial to the millions of people whose ‘humane’ emotions – love, joy, delight, tenderness, compassion, etc. – did not have a chance to develop and mature. However, as their ‘utilitarian’ emotions (assertive drive) – fear, worry, anxiety, restless striving, despair, etc. – are usually overdeveloped, these persons develop sooner or later anxiety-tension states, obsessive-compulsive neuroses, scrupulosity, neurotic depression, phobias, Emotional Deprivation Disorder (deprivation neurosis), and the like.
If you are not familiar with these diagnostic terms, you will know that these audio recordings can be of great benefit to you if several or most of the following symptoms or descriptions pertain to you:
- When you feel unloved and lonely; insecure and uncertain; troubled by feelings of inferiority and inadequacy; when you have a poor self-image and wonder who you really are; when you feel worthless and insignificant and perhaps hate yourself; when you have difficulty in making friends and relating to others, and are afraid of the adult world around you. When you are always afraid of hurting the feelings of others and go out of your way to please them; when you rarely, if ever, dare to assert yourself, or show your feelings of irritation, annoyance, or anger.
- When you know that you repress your emotions but can’t seem to do anything about it; when you are scrupulous or plagued by obsessive thoughts and fantasies; when you feel compelled to do things against your better judgment or conscience. When you feel depressed most of the time and wish you were dead. When you feel tired in spite of adequate rest; when you are restless and unable to relax or sleep. When medications provide little or no relief for your chronic aches and pains. When you are unable to pray and God seems to have deserted you. When you are plagued by feelings of guilt and resentment and struggle with painful memories. When you want to increase your capacity to enjoy life, and effectively use ALL your God-given emotions.
- When you want to improve your physical and emotional health through regular periods of deep relaxation and inner calm.
PLEASE NOTE: These audio recordings are not lectures that require you to listen intently and remember what you heard.
All you need to do is relax (as taught on audio recording #2), and let Dr. Baars’ words and ideas find their way to your inner mind. When you do this regularly and repeatedly your inner mind will do all the work for you and assure you of the desired effects.
Audio recording 2 through 6 should be played at low volume so the background sounds of temple bells will comfortably deepen your relaxation and make your inner mind receptive to Dr. Baars’ suggestions for becoming what you are supposed to be: YOUR HEALTHY AND HAPPY SELF!
This is an audio download which includes 6 audio recordings.